Dictation is a part of the daily routine of a busy physician. Gone are the days when doctors used the traditional dictaphones to dictate their notes. The advancement in dictation technology has resulted in a number of apps. Let us in this article see some of the best medical dictation apps available out there in the market.
- Scribe4Me: Scribe4Me advanced mobile app is designed to help busy physicians reduce documentation overload and streamline their workflow. It allows you to dictate, review, edit, and electronically sign— anytime, anywhere — with just the touch of a finger. With an intuitive and user-friendly interface, the app is so simple to set up and easy-to-use. This app is highly secure and encrypts your data both at rest and in transit. Scribe4Me app provides round-the-clock support, to get your questions answered immediately. Get your Scribe4Me app for FREE by downloading from the App Store.
- MTBC Dictate: This is another smartphone app that makes the dictation process a breeze. With a simple and easy-to-use interface, it helps providers to dictate notes/ record encounters and upload the files for transcription. With MTBC Dictate you can upload audio files and receive transcribed reports without any hassle. MTBC Dictate app can be downloaded from the App Store.
- iMEDDictate: This is yet another simple-to-use app that facilitates dictating notes for efficient transcription. This app is specially built keeping in mind busy providers. Its multitasking capability pauses the recording and moves to the background when you get a phone call. iMEDDictate is one of the most convenient and flexible apps available for dictation. This app makes dictation easier than ever, making it a must-have for medical providers. You can download this app for free from the iTunes App Store.
- eScription One Mobile: With eScription one mobile you get to manage your documentation, anywhere, anytime. It is a convenient app that helps physicians to create, review, edit, and complete documentation on their smartphone and also send them out for transcription. With an intuitive interface, it requires very minimal clinical training. Most of all, it is a safe and secure application as it is 100% HIPAA compliant. You can download this app on the iTunes App Store if you are an iPhone user or on Google Play if you are an Android user.
- Xcriptions: This is yet another secure mobile app that lets providers dictate, edit, upload, and approve their notes anytime, anywhere. It is a completely HIPAA compliant app with multiple layers of security to ensure patient file confidentiality. This app can be downloaded on the iTunes App store if you are an iPhone user or Google Play if you are an Android user.
Mobile dictation apps are a great option for physicians looking for greater flexibility and efficiency in their work. If you are considering the use of a mobile dictation app the above list would be helpful to choose the right one that suits your requirements.